Friday, November 21, 2008

A Learning Experience

I've been busy!! This is what I've been doing for the past month in any possible spare moment I had:







I must admit that I'm pretty happy the craft shows are behind me. They were a wonderful opportunity, but made me realize how much I would rather spend my free time being a mommy than being a frenzied seamstress.
However, they also made me realize how incredibly blessed I am to have some amazing people in my life. My mother-in-law, Lynn, is the reason I even know how to sew. She gave me a sewing machine a few years ago, and has been a very patient teacher ever since. My mom is the one who gave her own time to watch the girls so I could participate in the craft shows. And, more importantly, she gave her enthusiastic encouragement and support. Leanne was behind the whole thing. She believed in me, pushed me, and gave me the confidence I needed to even attempt such a project. How many friends do that?

Being reminded of these blessings was much more valuable than any money I ever could have made. I am not talented, or extraordinary, or particularly crafty, but I have people in my life who believe in me. And, in turn, those people are an inspiration for how I want to treat others, especially my own girls.
(Ha! I sound like I'm giving a speech for winning a prize or writing a dedication for a book! Sorry for the cheese factor, but I just wanted to acknowledge how appreciative I really am.)

3 comments:

Brian and Kyndra said...

Do you make the leg warmers in adult sizes?? Very cute!

The Reich Blog said...

How cool. I had no idea you were doing that! You are very good at what you do girlfriend!

Leanne said...

I'm just happy that we can still be friends after all of that!! ;)