Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bath Time

Giving baths is something that Ben and I take turns doing. I am so thankful to have a husband who is willing to do this, especially since it's not my favorite activity. In fact, neither one of us particularly enjoys it. Usually our conversation sounds something like this:

"It's bath night, isn't it?"
"Really? Already?"
"Yep."
"So it's your turn, right?"
"No, I thought it was your turn."
"Nope, I did it last time. Remember?"
"You sure?"
"Yep."
Big sigh. "OK ... let's go, girls."

I'm not really sure why neither one of us loves doing this. Maybe it's the way we have to sit on our knees and awkwardly reach over the tub. Or maybe it's the way Ella cries when you wash her hair, or Avery fights to be in the front. I don't know.

But we forget there's a fun part, too. The part where the the kids play, splash, and use their imaginations. This is the good stuff.






2 comments:

Dixon Family said...

Lance and I are right there with you on baths! We just can't do ours together yet. I am sure you remember that. I think that makes it worse!!
I thought we were the only ones!!

Kim Sharp said...

Jim and I have that exact same conversation! In fact, one of us usually offers to do the dishes instead...now that's sad! But you're right, we should cherish those moments while we have the chance!