I have to write this while it's fresh on my mind:
After putting Ella down for the night and setting Avery up on the couch with a movie (Ben is out with friends), I jumped in the shower.
I was completely uninterrupted, which is a miracle. It wasn't until I got out that Avery came up to me and said:
"Mom, Ella was crying and crying. So I went into her room and she said, 'I want Mommy.' I told her that you were in the shower and she kept crying. So I asked her if she wanted me to lay down with her and she said, 'Uh huh.' She was so, so sad. So I got into her crib and rubbed her back and sang her You Are My Sunshine. I just kept rubbing her back and she stopped crying."
Oh, I wish you could have seen the look on her face! It was so incredibly sweet. It's a good thing you couldn't see the look on mine, because by this point I was all teary-eyed and emotional. Of course I gave her a huge hug and kiss, told her how proud I was, how proud God was of her, and what an incredibly wonderful big sister she is.
Avery has given us our fair share of challenges, but one thing we've never doubted is her childlike sweetness and loving heart. I LOVE it when that shines through!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment