Monday, March 14, 2011

Poor Ella can't catch a break!

Last week Ella fell on the playground at school. It's a very long story, but the gist of it is:

She fell in the morning, they thought she had cut her lip, no phone call to me, no pain meds.

When I picked her up that afternoon, a teacher walked her to the car and told me about the accident. I noticed her lip was extremely swollen, but took the teacher's word for it.

About a minute later, Ella starts to talk to me and I notice this:

Photobucket



Long story short, apparently they didn't notice. They thought her tooth was "already like that."

Really? This looks normal? This is the same way she's looked since school started in the fall? With a tooth shoved up into her gums? Really?

>Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Poor baby! She is such a trouper and I'm so proud of her! She's doing much better now, and we're waiting to see what her next set of x-rays show.

She will not be returning to that school.

So, one month before her 3rd birthday, she's got a new look.

2 comments:

Amy Killion said...

Oh Christina, your poor baby. I don't blame you at all for taking her out. That is really unacceptable. She is so precious even with a missing tooth. Keep me up to date on what the dentist says.

Jules said...

OH MY WORD!!!! I can't believe the teachers didn't notice that. Poor Ella! She is still cute as a button!