Ella had baby oatmeal for the first time Friday. We did this in an attempt to help her sleep through the night. (It didn't work. I am sooo tired!)

Ben has been itching to take the rail off Avery's crib so I finally let him do it this weekend. (Yes, I know what you're thinking: What the heck is a 3 year old still doing sleeping in a crib? Well, I figure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! We were ALL getting great sleep with her in it, and for all I cared, she could have stayed in it until she was 13!) Anyway, she loves it and calls it her "new bed". But what I think she really loves is the freedom she now has to climb into our bed at all hours of the night. (Needless to say, I'm not loving it quite as much as she is. Repeatedly walking her back to her room is getting old. Did I mention how tired I am??)
Here's the one I'm really excited about. Avery wrote her name ALL BY HERSELF for the first time last night! We've been working on her letters, and they're usually all over the place. But this time, she spelled and wrote her name all on her own, left to right, with no prompting by us. She was so proud ... and so were we!
3 comments:
The first pic of Ella is so stinkin cute! Try putting a pallet beside your bed and tell her if she comes in there then she has to sleep on the pallet. It worked for Colt when was that age, but you have to do it when you are ready to stand firm so wait till then. Just my FYI!
Thanks for the tip! The problem is that when Ella wakes us up in the middle of the night, then it would wake A up, too, if she's in our room. Any other ideas? Anyone? YAWN!
Have you tried it yet? You may be surprised. She may sleep right through it. I didn't have that problem obviously. Only other thing I know is continuously walk her back to her room everytime. That's what we do now and it gets exhausting, but if she realizes she isn't going to get to stay in there, then there's no reason for her to get up, but I will warn you here again be ready to be strong cause it's very tiring!
Post a Comment