Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Freedom

Avery was in Dallas this weekend! My wonderful Mom and Dennis drove her up to Ft. Worth, where Ben's wonderful mom and dad came and picked her up to keep her for a few days.

I cannot believe how much I enjoyed the peace and quiet. Yes, I still had Ella with me, but she doesn't talk, walk, or throw tantrums. She takes three naps a day. She doesn't feel the need to have toys and other miscellaneous items strewn all about the house as if a tornado hit us. She doesn't ask, "Why?" to every single thing I say.

This weekend gave Ella the much-deserved opportunity to receive my undivided attention, while Avery got her special time with grandparents. While they were off visiting the stockyards, playing at the park, baking cookies, going to the zoo, and doing ten-million other things, we were at home relaxing and chilling out. I was reminded of the person I used to be.

Every mommy needs that once in a while.

Thank you SO MUCH Lynn, Barry, Mom and Dennis!

1 comment:

The Reich Blog said...

And you'll realize before long that you have twice all of that once Ella is big enough to make her own mess. ; )