Thursday, July 16, 2009

Two Updates

(1) Avery and I have been working on her letter sounds, and she knows about 75% of them now. It has been so much fun watching how quickly she learns. Yesterday, I decided to get out a book with very basic beginning words in it. I showed her how when you put together the sounds that letters make, you read words. Then she tried it herself, and she read her first word ... CAT !!! I am a very proud mommy!

(2) Ella had her 15 month checkup today. She is still not walking (which the doctor says may be attributed to the growing slump she had around 9 months), but is otherwise doing great. The BEST news is that, after being classified as "failure to thrive" six months ago, she is now officially out of the woods, perfectly growing, with absolutely no obvious detrimental effects. We are in the clear!! Praise God!

No comments: