Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ella is a Big Ga!

As I'm home now with just Ella, I really have the opportunity to reflect on how fast she is growing up.

She is becoming such a big girl (or as she says, "I big ga!") One of the things that seems to have happened overnight is the way she now speaks in complete sentences. Here are some of my favorite things she says:

I wa you! (I love you!)
I poop a potty. (meaning she feels like she needs to go)
I watch heigh-ho. (I want to watch heigh-ho aka. Snow White.)
I teat a punkin. (I want a treat in the pumpkin.)
Look me, Mommy!
Day-go. (thank you)
You wecom.

And some of my not-so-favorite things she says:

I no wanna go nigh-nigh!
Dat's miiine!
Stop, Avy!
I neeeed dat!!

She can also count to twelve! (Well, with the exception of the number 5, haha! When Avery learned to count, she left out the number 6.)

She can recognize and point out several shapes.

She can say most of our dinnertime prayer with us.

She loves books, music, dancing, playing with Avery, tea parties, and her "shows".

She loves to cuddle with Mommy, and will snuggle up as close as she can get.

She's also really starting to demonstrate that independence and resourcefulness that I remember Avery developed at this age. If she wants something that she can't reach, she'll pull a stool or chair over to stand on. She's beginning to really figure things out and problem-solve, and it is so much fun to watch.

She also loves to play with her "babies", which are usually stuffed animals, and she's a really sweet mommy. She pushes them in their stroller, tucks them in for naps, cuddles them in her arms, and sings a lullaby to them.

There's no question that Ella has definitely hit her "twos". She's much more stubborn and expressive now, as opposed to that laid-back baby that she once was. But she is truly a joy and a blessing to our family, and we are all incredibly in love with her.




terrible two's


what I get when I ask her to smile for me


Show me your teeth, Ella!



sweet girl
Photobucket

No comments: